Senior Business Analyst, Officer
- State Street
- Krakow, Poland
- Not disclosed
- 20 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Business analyst
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Why this role is important to us
The Team you will be joining GAO Control Hub plays an important role in the overall success of the GAO (Global Accounting Operations) organization, as support the Goals execution around the Governance, Compliance, Control and Risk areas. GAO Control Hub helps to strengthen control environment, manage risk, respond to the various challenges, supports the GAO Controls verification as well leads plenty of various projects and programs connected with Finance area. Currently Team is involved into processes review from improvement and risk assessment perspective. We are main coordinators of Annual SOP Review, RRD Program, master of Archer X items related data. Moreover, we perform analysis around Controls, KPIs, SLAs and support in many ad hoc requests and question. Our Team cooperates closely with Global Process Owners, Leads, Controllers and other stakeholders for GAO. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if you like to work in the projects, changing environment and like to suggest new solutions and improvements.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Business Analyst you will
- Coordinate, communicate, manage and explain Finance Programs applicable to GAO/GFC across organization
- Coordinate improvements around processes required in our Department by taking part in GMAS Development Group meetings and trainings
- Lead Project Initiatives around Global Accounting Organization
- Act as an Archer Champion within GAO to effectively support Issue Management and perform regular reporting and analysis
- Provide to GAO subject matter expertise around Risk & Controls Programs and Policies
- Execute Finance Programs on timely completion to ensure GAO adherence to all required Programs
- Lead improvement initiatives and challenge status quo
- Support Audit Issues timely closure and Reporting
- Monitoring of the SLA & SOP updates, BPM Taxonomy changes, KPIs and BSC reporting across GAO Poland
- Support Regulatory Reporting (Representative & Subsequent Event Letters, 14Q FR-Y CFO Attestation)
- Collaboration with GAO Senior Management, Corporate Functions Business Risk Management, Financial Control Oversight SOX and BCP Teams
- Share best practices to implement a strong and robust control environment in GAO
- Mitigate risk based on the day to day activities within GAO organization
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years of professional experience in Finance industry – Accounting, Controls, Audit and/or Project Management
- Senior Management Reporting and Cooperation experience would be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office is necessary
- Advanced Language skills: written and verbal in English
- Excellent analytical, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- VBA, Power Query, Power Automate and other automatization technics
- Ability to read and understand policies and obligations to implement them into organization processes
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate effectively
- Engagement and ownership
- Advanced communication skills
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.