Senior Finance Analyst
- £35000 - £42000 per annum + plus benefits
- 20 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- The Co-Operative Group
- Job role
- Financial analyst
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified, Newly qualified
Senior Finance Analyst
£45,000 - £50,000 plus benefits (Work Level 6A)
We're now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. For this role, there is an expectation of one day a week in the Scunthorpe Office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We're looking for a senior finance analyst to join us and help provide an in depth understanding of Nisa trading performance. Since Nisa was acquired by Co-op in 2018, we've focused on combining the best of both businesses to offer something new to independent retailers and commercial wholesalers across the UK. More scale and better product ranges give Nisa partners a real competitive advantage.
Working as part of a small team, you'll own the finance partnership with the Nisa wholesale difference team. We'll look to you for finance support including the provision of high-quality analysis and insight to enable effective decision making as the wholesale difference is developed. If you have the financial competence that we are looking for, we can provide a great opportunity for you to develop your career and have a real measurable impact on the propositions that our businesses take to market.
What you'll do
* optimise and support the automation of standardised reporting making sure it is understandable for users and aligns to key performance indicators
* be responsible for the development of financial KPI reporting and MI for the wholesale difference trading function
* lead business partnering support to the Nisa wholesale difference team making recommendations around pricing and ranging to drive sales and profitability.
* handle budgeting for wholesale difference business areas and support the wider trading finance budgeting process.
* work with external partners and colleagues within the commercial and finance teams to ensure decision making is supported by sound financial analysis and insight
* present and engage with senior management within the business
* educate and upskill members of the wholesale difference and wider commercial team
This role would suit people who have
* Qualified or Part Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
* finance business partnering experience within Wholesale, Retail or FMCG sector
* a high degree of self-motivation, self-discipline and enthusiasm to succeed
* strong communication skills - a confident and articulate communicator
* an analytical mentality - using a logical, systematic approach to problem solving
* strong influencing skills and can work collaboratively with senior leadership
* an adaptable and flexible attitude - working with the wider business to find solutions to business problems and exploring opportunities
Here you will do work that matters. We are a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and you'll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You'll also get a package that includes
* competitive salary
* coaching, training, and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* YuLife - an app that rewards you for exercising with discounts and vouchers for many of the UK's biggest brands
* discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you'd like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we'll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process
Please be aware that we may close applications for this role early