Audit Assistant Manager
- Liverpool, Merseyside (GB) / Leeds
- 20 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified, Qualified accountant
At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in Working with charities by volunteering, fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation Being a great place to work and develop your career
The Sedulo way encourages and embraces a holistic and innovative culture with diversity and integrity at the heart. We are working to build an open and inclusive environment which supports the needs of all our team members.
We are looking for people to join us who want to deliver beyond expectation and get results. Whether this be through embracing feedback, creating fulfilling relationships with colleagues and clients, being genuinely interested in their work, or by simply being the best version of themselves. At Sedulo, we know how important it is to create an environment for positive change, both in the workplace and in the communities we operate within. This is demonstrated through our persistent commitment to charitable projects and a strong focus on innovation in everything that we do and as such, you can make an impact at Sedulo, not only through delivering amazing work, but also through participating in the charity campaigns we run throughout the year. Alongside all of this, our events team ensure we also have a lot of fun – with countless wellbeing activities and events being hosted at all of our offices every week!
We understand that in order to be a world class organisation, we must embrace uniqueness and choose courage over comfort. Everything we strive to be is grounded in our core values: Personable, Integrity, Holistic, Innovative and Deliver Beyond Expectation.
Joining a rapidly growing team you will assist the local Head of Audit and wider Audit Team to deliver a first-class service to clients. You will be responsible for completing high quality audits whilst building and maintaining strong client relationships and actively developing junior members of the team.
- Complete high quailty audits from planning and testing to closure
- Assist in the training and development of junior staff members through mentoring, coaching and providing technical guidance
- Review the work of junior staff members and ensure that review points are clearly fed back
- Contribute to weekly team meetings to discuss client deadlines, workload/planner and billing targets.
- Attend client meetings, building excellent working relationships and being part of Audit Tenders and Business Development
- Assist with the ongoing review and improvement of internal processes and procedures
- Help shape the audit team driving best practice while ensuring efficiency.
- Start building your own portfolio of clients to manage and take forward
Your knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualified in either ACCA or ACA
- Confident in working with clients at all levels and experience in building strong client relationships
- Technically strong, with knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Familiar with auditing both single entity and group organisations
What we are looking for
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- A strong desire to coach and develop team members
What we offer
- A company mantra of having fun together, getting results together and giving back together A bespoke training and development plan with the opportunity to expand and diversify your skills 26 days holiday, company pension scheme, health care plan, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and access to our in house Wealth Planning and Mortgage departments Smart working and agile working hours including the ability to work remotely for up to 20% of your contracted time Ability to work away from home remotely for up to 4 weeks per year, great for extending a trip to see family or making the most of warmer climates All expenses paid annual social trip overseas
- Flexible and proactive approach to work and the ability to work under pressure
Our aim is to encourage and support all applicants during the application process, if you have any reasonable adjustments that you will require, please do not hesitate to get in touch via people @sedulo.co.uk.
Apply for Audit Assistant Manager
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly