- Page Personnel
- London, City of London
- £30000 - £45000 per annum
- 17 Mar 2023
- 24 Mar 2023
- JN -032023-5980051
- Mary Cotter
- Job role
- Assistant accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
Working in the Finance team of this Banking organisation, your role will be to assist with the production of P&L reports for management, external reports, reconciliations between internal reporting systems, investigation and analysis of balance sheet items and expenses.
Banking organisation with offices in the City of London (close to Liverpool Street and Bank).
- Preparation of Branch's PL reports and any other supporting information
- Reconcile daily transaction inputs between dealing systems
- Production of the external reports to BOE and FCA
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Production of the calculation of quarterly VAT and Corp Tax instalment
- Answer and investigate any accounting related queries within the Branch
- Contact and communicate with the relevant external agencies
- Input Hedge and test Hedge Effectiveness quarterly
- Report Hedge sold PL to related team
- Perform daily hedge accounting processes
- Co-liaise and deputise for the Team Manager for all duties
- Cover for the other team members for daily operations when out of office
- Liaise with UK government regulatory agencies regarding statutory returns.
- Liaise with tax advisors regarding UK tax issues; manage relationships.
- Prior working experience in finance/banking industry desirable
- Knowledge of banking products such as loans, bonds, money market instruments and derivatives
- Interest in or knowledge of corporate tax and VAT
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar (2.1 or above)
- ACCA or CIMA studier desirable
- Intermediate Excel ability
- Korean language skills a bonus but not essential
Competitive salary and benefits package
35 hour week.
Career path within the Banking sector
Hands on role with broad exposure to accounting, regulations and tax.