Manager - Accounts Payables | AMW| Union Place
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Sri Lanka, LK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 17 Mar 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant, Tax
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Associated Motorways (Pvt) LTD
No two days are the same at AMW, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognizes and rewards quality performance, and what do you get, The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started 70 years ago, popularly known as AMW now a fully-owned subsidiary of Al Futtaim Group (AFG) of United Arab Emirates, is one of the pioneers in the Automotive industry in Sri Lanka.
- Partly qualified in CA Sri Lanka, ACCA, CIMA, or similar accounting body
- Prior working experience in shared Service
- Proficient in SAP or similar ERP and Microsoft Office
- Ten-year experience with at least five years in a similar managerial capacity
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Sinhala and English.
- Ability to motivate staff and excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the supervision and managing of the payment function of the organization
- Ensuring all the required journal entries related to payments posted timely manner for the financial statement preparation process
- Coordinate with treasury team to ensure Minimum order levels of cheque and Day End all Unused cheques to be returned to Treasury team for safe keeping
- Monthly review of vendor aging, open POs, follow up local vendor advance payments and overaged vendor balances.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors ledger).
- Coordinate with bank reconciliation team to ensure no open debits, no stale cheques and no PDC cheques in outgoing bank account
- Maintain and develop strong internal control system in relation to payment process to ensure that risks are mitigated
- Prepare and submission of reports required by the management
- Ensures proper record (Input Tax Invoices) keeping of purchases for use in tax computations and periodic audits
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.