Consultant Accountant - Hybrid
- Northern Trust
- Limerick, Munster, Ireland
- 17 Mar 2023
- 04 Apr 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Consultant in the Real Estate and Infrastructure (REIF) Team. Our team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Relationship Management services to our clients. The team is regarded as the leading provider of Fund Administration services to the Irish Real Estate market. This role will provide an opportunity for you to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Property Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex cross-border structures.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Develop an understanding of Fund Accounting requirements for Property Funds.
- Collection of relevant information to facilitate production of NAVs.
- Issue NAVs accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Organize payment of operating expenses.
- Liaise with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external).
- Effective communication with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Ensure that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Ensure that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- To understand the purpose of and gain the critical background knowledge of Funds assigned to the team.
- To keep abreast of current activities in the REIF’s market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- Dealing with client queries.
- Liaising with other internal departments such as Trustee, Legal, Transfer Agency and Company Secretarial.
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via sales presentations, RFP responses etc.
Purchase and Sale of Property Investments
- Understand the structure of property transactions.
- Understand the process and approvals required.
- Co-ordination of approval process.
- Collation of documentation / record maintenance.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Hold a recognized Professional Accounting Qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAPP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- A strong appreciation of accounting principles and standards.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of Property Fund Administration.
- High level of communication skills, previous relationship management experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to assist with the management of the team.
- Demonstrates understanding of the need for high-touch client service.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.