Consultant, Fund Accounting
- Northern Trust
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 17 Mar 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Financial analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
This role is part of the Australia Investment Accounting (AIA) team in Melbourne. The Consultant, Fund Accounting will be responsible for oversight of the Unit Pricing and Unit Registry function for all AIA Clients. Unit Pricing is completed in Chicago, Bangalore and Manila, with the Melbourne office completing final sign-off and providing a first point of contact for the client. You will be required to work closely with the AIA teams in all three locations and to work closely with the external clients. In addition the role has responsibility over the hard Close / month end process. The consultant will also be involved in implementation of new clients along with restructures and transitions for existing clients.
This role reports to Manager, Fund Accounting.
What you will do
- Ensure timely and accurate reports to AIA clients
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency, direct liaison with clients whilst supporting the team manager in ensuring operational efficiency
- Liaise with the Clients and Project team on Clients restructures and ensuring they are processed correctly in Unit Pricing
- Ensure Management Reporting data is complete and accurate
- Complete Hard Close / month end process in Melbourne while working on streamlining the process
- Liaise professionally with Internal Departments, Chicago, Manila and Bangalore Unit Pricing, Bangalore Unit Registry, Auditors, and other internal teams
- Communicate effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client and/or internal business impact.
- Previous experience in a similar role with unit pricing experience; you will be technically sound in this area of expertise and have broader knowledge of other areas
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Numerical and computer literacy (including spreadsheet skills) – (e.g. Excel, Word)
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required; demonstrate innovation.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes paid volunteer days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Want to learn more about our company? Visithttp://www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution -Click hereto check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.