R and A Fin. Acct and Contrl. Analyst
- Shell Business Operations
- Not disclosed
- 16 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Where You Fit In?
- The Downstream Reporting & Analysis Organization is a team of &>1,000 colleagues providing accurate, timely and insightful analysis to deliver more and cleaner energy solutions.
- Within this organization, we are a cluster of teams in Financial Accounting and Controlling (FAC) for East region responsible for end to end Group and Statutory financial reporting activities.
- The role of Analyst is to ensure that all reporting activities & responsibilities are performed in an accurate timely and efficient manner. He or she will be responsible for closing activities and financial analysis which includes verifying financial data, making appropriate adjustments if needed; and provide financial analysis to facilitate & support business decision.
- This position will report to R&A FAC Senior Manager and will liaise with the respective FO processes across various geographical locations to deliver accurate information to group accounting & reporting system; and global metrics for R&A FAC.
What is the Role?
R&A FAC Analyst is accountable for assigned process activities (General Leger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Fixed Assets, Statutory and others) to be delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation of Group or/and Statutory Financial Statements (together with collection of Local Statutory Reporting deliverables and Supplementary info for entities in scope).
- Preparation of supporting analysis, country packs, statistical reporting, review meetings
- Preparation of budget / LE, cost monitoring, cost recovery arrangement for new employees, recoveries, accruals, billing, commentaries, etc.
- Focal point for group projects and IFRS changes impacting entities in scope & lead for technical changes in system and interface to process experts
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within the area of responsibility
- Analyze key accounts in Balance Sheet (Blackline) to ensure balances are appropriately reconciled and properly supported.
- Manage control remediation initiatives and participate in statutory, internal control and system assurance audits.
- Develop continuous strategies to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities and sharing of knowledge/learning among team members.
What we need from you?
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications with 3-5 years related working experience.
- Working knowledge & experience in SAP is an added advantage.
- Experience in handling end to end audit/local statutory reporting is an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of financial accounting requirements (Proficiency in financial accounting practices and IFRS standards).
- Good analytical skills, meticulous and able to work independently & prioritize well.
- Results oriented, fast paced, resourceful and proactive.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel.
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.