Assurance – Risk Assurance – Finance and Operations Associate - Cairo, Egypt
- PwC Middle East
- Cairo, Egypt
- Not disclosed
- 16 Mar 2023
- 30 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Credit control, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
We currently have an opportunity for a professional and motivated Associate ideally with existing finance and accounting experience to work within the Assurance function based in Egypt supporting the ME region.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day-to-day support and administration required within the delivery of Accounts Receivables and Jobs management. Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
We would like to hear from individuals with experience of working in an AR or finance processing function.
- VAT & Billing Champion - UAE & KSA billing champion with respect to VAT compliance and protocols.
- Prepare Invoices and following up on approvals
- Create job codes in ipower
- Understand and supporting the jobs process
- Track the Engagement letters
- Support in the opportunities on Salesforce, understanding KYC and client/engagement acceptance process
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner
- Support coordination with finance team members for monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts
- Prepare standardised reports or summaries, and other documentation required for the function and as directed by the Team Leader
- Adhere to Accounting policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Minimum of a University education, with Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Overall experience of 1 or more years in Accounting/Finance
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Strong work ethic
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
Job Posting End DateMarch 30, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.