Analyst / Associate - Product Control (Finance)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA), Maharashtra, India
- Not disclosed
- 16 Mar 2023
- 16 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Group is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. Finance prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting Finance, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization’s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. Finance is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
We have openings across Equities and Fixed division and are looking to hire at an Associate & Analyst levels for our Product controller team.
As a controller you will be a member of the P&L team supporting the Businesses. The P&L team is responsible for the daily validation, substantiation and reporting P&L, weekly and monthly reporting and providing analysis to support the Business and senior Finance management. This is a high profile role, which requires the individual to work closely with colleagues across the global organization in Finance, Operations and the Business Unit.
More specifically the successful candidate will:
- Perform daily validation and substantiation of P&L and attributed P&L (Greek attributions) between Risk and reporting system.
- Prepare daily P&L reports for distribution to the business unit and finance managers for review.
- Understand the businesses supported including the strategy, products and inherent risks.
- Understand the risk & reporting systems and contribute to enhancing the control environment.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner to Manager.
- Contribute to Finance related projects, process enhancements, UAT testing etc.
- Other P&L related tasks and requests as required.
- Strong academic background including a Graduation in Commerce, specialization in Financial Accounting.
- Prior Business Unit/ Product control experience with knowledge of financial products is preferable.
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines.
- Specialization in Finance stream
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Accounting and Capital Markets.
- Understanding of Financial product knowledge, Greek attribution and Corporate Actions would be an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.