International Finance Business Partner #823 @ International NGO
- Accounting for International Development
- London 2dpw. Hybrid Remote UK
- £45,000 - £58,000
- 16 Mar 2023
- 16 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Finance business partner, Finance manager
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
International Finance Business Partner #823
£45,000 - £58,000
London 2dpw. Hybrid Remote UK
We are seeking Finance Business Partner to support financial management of of a new innovative multi-sectoral international partnership. This position will report directly to the Financial Performance Controller and will be a Business Partner to the Programme Manager.
Innovative NGO leading on environmental initiatives globally seeks experienced Finance Business Partner.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective financial management of this programme, working closely with both the project team and finance as well as any external stakeholders. They will ensure proper controls and processes are implemented to align the project with existing and developing policies.
- Presenting timely financial information to non-finance managers
- Budget reviews and regular forecasting – monitoring progress against financial deliverables
- Cash flow forecasting and monitoring
- Managing financial reporting and other financial communications to project funder
- Facilitate and manage funder audits.
Key Working Relationships
- Finance Team
- Programme Manager/Director
- Business Desk (Grant Management Support)
- Project Stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a desire and ability to partner with colleagues (both finance and non-finance). It is expected you would already have experience in a finance role and can display a can-do attitude with a practical and creative approach to problem solving. You should be analytical, with attention to detail and the ability to keep the big picture in mind while focusing on the detail and complexities of implementation.
- Qualified or Part qualified Accountant, or an accounting/business degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role, preferably within mission-driven organisation and multi-functional team environment.
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles is essential.
- Experience/knowledge of the Horizon Europe framework is desirable.
- Fluent in English, preference for at least one additional language commonly in use in Europe.
- Strong capabilities collaborative IT applications (we use Office365 and Microsoft Teams, as well as Miro, Zoom, Mentimeter, etc.).
- Intermediate Excel skills, advanced skills are a plus.
- Strong time management skills will be essential, with a track record of delivering on objectives according to established timelines.
- Finance Business Partnering: 3 years (preferred)
- Project accounting: 2 years (preferred)
- International coordination/ reporting: 1 year (preferred)
- Accounting qualification (part of qualified) (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.