Financial Controller (LEC) Focus GAAP - Director (AVP-equivalent)
- Morgan Stanley
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Not disclosed
- 16 Mar 2023
- 24 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Finance director, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The specific role is in the German GAAP team of the Legal Entity Controlling (LEC) group. Within the Global function, this role will be in the Frankfurt Office of Morgan Stanley. The Frankfurt LEC team consists of 12 people, working on a range of projects, regulatory and statutory reporting and control functions.
The Finance Department reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business.
- A competitive salary.
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously.
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career in a growing entity.
What will be your doing:
- Prepare and analyse annual and interim financial statements, including resolving accounting issues and disclosure requirements as well as liaising with external auditors (predominantly under German GAAP but with some exposure to IFRS and US GAAP).
- Preparation, analysis, and presentation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting to senior management, directors, and other key stakeholders.
- Coordination with multiple teams across the firm - and across the globe - including Corporate Treasury, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Transfer Pricing, in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity.
- Coordination of accounting related outsourcings to affiliated companies
- Be a key contact for accounting related questions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage ad-hoc projects and regulatory requests.
- Support the German GAAP team head in all aspects of the preparation of German GAAP related tasks.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in accounting in financial services industry in Germany
- Business fluency in German and English
- Good knowledge of accounting under German GAAP - accounting knowledge in IFRS and US-GAAP would be an advantage
- Attention to detail, time management and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong computing skills, most notably Microsoft Office.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines and policy on our employee portal by clicking here.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.