Tax, Senior Manager / Manager (GST)
- Mazars Asia
- Not disclosed
- 16 Mar 2023
- 16 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial analyst, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About this position
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced GST professional, who is client service focused, highly organized and detail orientated, to play a key role in the growth of the Tax practice. A key member of the management team, your role is pivotal to client experience, to accelerating team success and to manage our diverse portfolio of corporate and individual clients. Your responsibilities will include the provision of GST advisory and compliance services to our clients.
- Advise clients on the GST implications of their business operations and transactions of various industries including financial industry.
- Assist clients with the applications of GST registration, exemption and various GST schemes
- Review and e-file the clients’ GST returns
- Conducting GST health check reviews, GST due diligence reviews, Assisted Self Help Kit (ASK) reviews, Assisted Compliance Assurance Programme (ACAP) reviews
- Assist clients in managing IRAS GST audits/investigations
- Assist clients in seeking GST rulings from IRAS
- Supporting the partners in developing the GST practice and be involved in any other adhoc projects and related tasks as and when required by the Partners.
- Bachelor of Accountancy, Finance, or relevant discipline preferably with a professional qualification as recognised by SCTP.
- Minimum 6 years of Singapore GST experience, preferably from a professional services firm/accounting firm.
- Must be familiar with Singapore Tax laws and guidelines.
- Strong delivery, enforcement of timely execution and on time delivery.
- Proven leadership, client, staff and project management and analytical skills.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, and ability to work across all levels. Effectively bilingual.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Motivated and looking for career growth and development.
- Possessing an accreditation by SCTP will be an advantage, eg. Accredited Tax Practitioner (ATP) (GST) or Accredited Tax Advisor (GST).