Associate - Finance Treasury Technology (Internal Audit)
- Morgan Stanley
- Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Not disclosed
- 15 Mar 2023
- 15 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Internal audit, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises financial, technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board, Firm management and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Morgan Stanley's internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes.
Technology Auditors focus on the application and system infrastructure controls that manage business risks and are responsible for understanding, analyzing, and testing the technology controls, including those over data accuracy, completeness and processing, systems development, application security and entitlements, production management and technology governance. Technology Auditors work closely with our Business Auditors to perform integrated audits.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a strong technology audit candidate to cover the applications and system infrastructure supporting the Finance Technology Audit team. The candidate will be responsible for leading technology-led audits and partnering with business auditors on other audits. This candidate will provide coverage of assigned areas through relationship management and continuous monitoring, manage the audit process from initiation to completion, and develop talent. Other responsibilities include helping to define the audit plan, managing the audit team, and reporting to management.
- Execute on multiple audit projects related to technology coverage of Finance and Treasury areas
- Partner with Technology and Business Auditors to complete risk assessments, control environment assessments, audit scheduling, audit planning, test plan development and execution, audit issue documentation, and reports to senior management
- Build strong relationships with both the Business Unit and Technology senior managers
- At least three years IT Audit experience with a Financial Services, Brokerage Firm or a Public Accounting Firm with an emphasis on the Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of audit processes and ability to document audit work in line with industry standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in auditing complex applications, system interfaces and infrastructure, data processing and technology general controls (i.e. SDLC, Change Management, and entitlements).
- Knowledge of treasury processes, e.g., liquidity risk management, cash flow projections, collateral management, internal liquidity stress testing, contingency funding planning, and liquidity buffer management.
- Knowledge of accounting processes and systems used for core finance processes, Books and Records, General Ledger (e.g., SAP GL) and Regulatory reporting is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or IT-related disciplines preferred)
- CISA, CRISC, CISSP or CPA certification preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.