Director of Tax, North America
- Kerry Group
- Not disclosed
- 14 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, Finance director, Finance manager, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
The successful Director Tax - North America candidate will have responsibility for all tax matters in the US. She/he will be responsible for partnering effectively with key stakeholders across the organization globally so as to enable business strategies by providing timely and relevant advice – ensuring tax opportunities identified will generate shareholder value. This position will require being in our Beloit, WI headquarters 1-2 day a week.
- Provide leadership & support to Regional Tax Director on all North America tax matters.
- Working with our Tax Audit Director to manage US Federal & State Direct tax audits, together with addressing tax matters arising from same.
- Manage planning and implementation of allocated tax initiatives, being able to communicate impact and issues to relevant parties and explain accounting treatment to finance personnel
- Advise on taxation matters relating to acquisitions or disposals including structuring and due diligence. Manage any claims under the taxation warranties or indemnity
- Management and support of the various tax matters relating to the company’s international operating structure, from a tax audit and controversy perspective.
- Identification, examination and implementation of tax planning and group restructuring opportunities to minimise group tax charges and reduce group effective tax rate. Encourage regular dialogue and idea generation to achieve the group’s tax objectives from, the various markets.
- Responsible for preparing technical research, including preparing and maintaining tax analyses and technical papers, to support tax filing positions.
- Responsible for the management of the corporate tax compliance and the sales and use tax compliance process (with the support of the tax accountants on the US tax team)
- Work closely with the Group Tax team to ensure accurate accounting of current and deferred tax in the Group statutory accounts (with the support of the tax accountants on the US tax team).
- As a member of the Group Tax team, work closely with the Group Head of Tax and peers, to ensure delivery of the strategy and vision for the Group Tax Function.
- Proactively develop an awareness for tax within the US beyond tax and finance professionals to ensure that tax outcomes are assessed.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal business stakeholders ensuring close and regular dialogue is maintained with operations, regional finance directors and finance managers
- Monitor and control compliance with the Group Tax and Group Transfer Pricing Policies. Update Policies as required
Qualifications and skills
- CPA and Masters in Taxation or similar advanced degree
- A minimum of 7-10 years relevant financial experience ideally gained in a Big 4 professional practice firm or from a large multinational environment
- Experience of leading teams with varied skills and experience – responsible for building & developing talent within your team
- Experience of managing relationships with internal business leaders and your internal customers in a matrix environment (in the majority these are Kerry Group employees)
- Able to deal effectively in a multi-jurisdictional and global environment
- High degree of commercial acumen and ability to make reasoned decisions and judgements
- High levels of personal credibility, professionalism and integrity
- Willing to challenge the status quo whilst maintaining a team ethos
- Strong technical and analytical skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.