Capital Reporting Production Specialist
- BNY Mellon
- Manchester, Lancashire, UK
- Not disclosed
- 14 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The Capital Reporting Production Specialist will be responsible for the production of regulatory submissions for European Bank, including both external and internal monitoring deliverables.
The European Bank regulatory reporting team are part of the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre (FPSC), which is a team of finance professionals based in Manchester, which provides excellent financial services to the EMEA Controllers group of BNY Mellon. EMEA Controllers is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the EMEA legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment. It is part of the EMEA Finance department, which consists finance professionals spread across EMEA, plus offshore support in Chennai. The Regulatory Reporting Production team is the largest team within the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre responsible for producing internal and external regulatory reporting returns across multiple EMEA locations.
This role will be responsible for the production of Capital related regulatory deliverables for the European Bank and it’s branches, working with the Finance Controllers, Risk, Compliance and various functions across EMEA. Whilst the production of the delegated deliverables is the responsibility of this role, the overall oversight and accountability will remain with the relevant Finance Controller in each location. This role is based in Manchester and is Hybrid.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Reporting – produce or review the production of high quality regulatory returns, analytics and MI in a timely fashion, ensuring that the EMEA region meets reporting deadlines and quality expectations.
- Oversight & controls – maintain a strong operational control environment with well-evidenced reviews, analytical review, checklists, procedures and validations.
- Stakeholder management – work with Market centre financial controller owners across the EMEA regions and other business areas particularly Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business Finance and business management in the production of regulatory returns and advisory work. Act as first point of contact to Market centre and manage escalations in accordance with the Regulatory Reporting operating Model.
- Assurance - key involvement with internal and external assurance activities, provide deliverable requests, walk throughs and respond to queries within a timely manner.
- Regulatory change – continuously collaborate with the Regulatory Production Support team to identify issues, test solutions and implement regulatory changes in the Regulatory Platform System.
- Knowledge – stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, as well as maintain their knowledge of External Reporting requirements and procedures. Help junior colleagues build their abilities through knowledge share / training.
- Other – assist with the provision of regulatory support for relevant projects e.g. new regulatory reporting production requirements and platform migration, legal entity restructuring and new branches, new business start-ups and product launches. Perform other functions as required from time-to-time.
The Capital Reporting Production Specialist will be required to work closely with the following stakeholder teams:
- Finance Controllers
- Risk and Compliance functions
- Business units
- Legal team
- Fully Qualified Accountant -- ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA Full Accreditation or with an equivalent level of experience preferable
- Capital Regulatory Reporting experience preferred
- Experience of working with large, complex datasets to produce high quality, well controlled outputs is essential
- Leading process improvement, change management and controls experience in a complex global environment
- Significant experience of regulatory reporting and accounting systems and processes
- Organized and structured working methodology, attention to detail and highly motivated
- Experience of a fast moving, highly controlled, multi-national/ functional organization
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.