- Not disclosed
- 14 Mar 2023
- 29 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
- You are ambitious
- We value career progression
- Together we can help drive sustainable business growth for our clients
- Fantastic 9 months contract opportunity!
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
The IB&M Finance Asia team comprises teams across Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai. The teams look after the end-to-end finance functions including product control, across all business units that roll up into the IB&M branches which include business units representing IB&M and all support functions. You will be a part of the Shanghai Finance team which is responsible for providing timely and accurate statutory, regulatory and management reporting for the Shanghai branch and CBA China to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
We are seeking an Finance Officer to perform Accounting and Finance related functions for the branch and liaise with associated other branches, regional office, Head office and local regulators.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform and assist in Accounting functions for the branch;
- Assist in regulatory reports project;
- Prepare local regulatory reports including CBIRC, PBOC, SAFE, Statistics bureau reports and Tax return within required timeline;
- Responsible for daily ratio report, reconciliation and payments and reimbursements;
- Strong change and continuous improvement mindset, assist team in identifying and implementing productivity and automation opportunities;
- Update regulatory reporting changes, templates, procedure and manuals;
- Other ad hoc tasks assigned by Line Manager.
We are looking for someone who can role model behaviours required of our leaders and lead through our Purpose and Values. As well as:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance related major
- Around 3-5 years accounting or finance experience.
- Familiar with CBIRC, PBOC, SAFE report in bank industry
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft products
- Fluent written and oral business English, Mandarin is essential.
- Team work spirit and good communication
- Accounting certificate
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 28/03/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.