Sr. Consultant, Release Coordinator, Hedge Fund Services
- Northern Trust
- Chicago, Illinois, United States; Tempe, Arizona, United States
- 13 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Business analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Job Description: Sr. Consultant, Release Coordinator, HFS – Individual Contributor
The role involves working for Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services (HFS), a global fund administrator, specializing in complex hedge funds and alternative asset investments. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic leader/manager in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical background, experience working within the Financial Services industry and a proven track record of solving business problems. The role will be a key part of our hedge fund administration business and will be visible to many teams and partners.
This role is responsible for release coordination within Program Management team. This Program Management team is one of others that is a part of Hedge Fund Services Change Management group. The release coordination role works closely with the Agile Managers responsible for executing on product-focused visions aligned to HFS’ business strategy – optimizing technology sequencing and delivery.
- Lead release planning activities for software development to ensure successful delivery to production.
- Coordinate code version deployments into testing environments and create end-to-end software development testing timelines.
- Coordinate with shared services teams, product solutions and the center of excellence to execute testing for high quality production releases and collect all test plan documentation required for production.
- Create release runbooks and lead preparation calls with key stakeholders ahead of the production release to ensure a smooth transition to release management.
- Support platform wide testing initiatives that require cross-team coordination such as disaster recovery tests.
- Demonstrate leadership throughout the testing cycles; effectively lead meetings, drive agendas, set high expectations, hold team accountable for results, be proactive on execution and follow-up on takeaways.
- Serve as the administrators for applications such as JIRA, Aha and confluence (user access, maintenance).
- Facilitate continuous improvement best practices on testing and release management workflows. Identify broken processes and recommend process improvements to streamline and optimize delivery execution.
- Use sound judgement to escalate issues appropriately and timely, including solution options and associated impacts to drive effective decision making.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to anticipate and connect opportunities and resolve challenges / escalations.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration with others and high emotional intelligence to build productive and strategic relationships.
- Self-starter, performs independently with limited coaching, leads peers, and consults with shared services teams across HFS & NT to solve issues.
- Maintain focus on diversity and inclusion.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Proven track record of excellent coordination execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Ability to run a meeting and drive an agenda
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change; capable of being a ‘change agent’ to identify and drive productivity transformation
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills (“solutions-oriented” mindset)
- Client relationship focused (internal relationships)
- Excellent client-service skills and high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- A College or University degree and relevant proven work experience
- A minimum of 3-10+ years of experience; Agile, project coordination or release management preferred
- Experience with Investment Management and/or Financial Services; Alternative Asset Management specific a plus
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools or a willingness to learn (Jira, Jira Portfolio, Confluence, Aha, Azure)
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Familiarity with project coordination tools and concepts
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and concepts a plus
- A genuine desire and capability to work in a fast-paced, professional, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, frequent re-prioritization, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement and best practices
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.