Corporate Tax Executive
- Bishop Fleming
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 13 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Corporate Tax Executive
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Executive to join our Torquay office.
The position will give you the opportunity to work with some of South West’s most exciting owner managed businesses. You will be given a clear career progression path and will be able to develop your tax knowledge further through the completion of interesting and diverse pieces of work.
You will need to be passionate about delivering an excellent service to your clients and will enjoy coaching and developing more junior team members into becoming competent tax professionals.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
We would encourage applications from candidates who are either already working within a Corporate Tax environment or are currently working within a Mixed Tax environment and looking to specialise within Corporate Tax.
Responsible for providing a comprehensive tax compliance service to a broad portfolio of clients, this role will allow you to build advisory experience whilst utilising the strong tax compliance experience you will have already gained.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review of corporation tax computations
- Taking an active role in the management of key tax milestones, return and payment deadlines
- Corresponding with clients and HMRC
- Supporting Partners and Managers on the delivery of tax advisory assignments and planning projects
There is scope to shape this role to the experience and motivations of the appointed candidate.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- The ATT or ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent). Being CTA qualified or part qualified, or looking to study towards the CTA qualification would be advantageous
- Tax compliance experience gained from within a mixed tax and/or corporate tax environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
Why Bishop Fleming?!
At Bishop Fleming, we take pride in putting our people first. We are a Great Place to Work® certified and offer an outstanding work environment, strong office culture and extensive perks (listed below). We’re also a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm and have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings. We’re proud to be the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 40 partners and close to 500 people.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Free tea & coffee in all our offices
- Free fresh fruit
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact Isobel Savage; Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.