Data Analyst - Forensic Services
- BDO Australia
- Brisbane CBD, QLD
- Industry-competitive salary package
- 13 Mar 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Accounting - Public practice, Digital
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done. Learn more about BDO.
About the team
BDO's Forensic Services help mitigate and resolve high-risk matters involving investigations, forensic technology, analytics and forensic accounting, and help organisations create and embed governance frameworks to retain value.
We pride ourselves on our culture. Our work environment will offer you a diverse range of projects, flexibility to be innovative, talented colleagues, and the guidance and support to ensure that you always have everything that you need to succeed. This culminates to a significant opportunity for the development of your career in Data Analytics.
As a member of the Forensic Services team, you will be focused on assisting BDO’s clients with the identification, preservation and analysis of electronic information in support of investigations relating to fraud, misconduct and electronic discovery matters.
What you’ll be doing
- Forensic accounting & investigative work
- Fraud data analytics
- Designing and developing data driven solutions
- Data sourcing, extraction, transformation and analysis for different client projects
- Utilise technology driven solutions in assisting the team and clients proactively mitigate and detect fraud, corruption and other forms of serious non-compliance (e.g. through the use of forensic software application)
- Liaising with client data and business specialists
- Assist with preparing presentations on fraud and corruption awareness and training materials to clients on engagements
- High level research, problem solving and analytical skills to collect, collate and report forensic and technical evidence for presentation to senior managers, industrial tribunals and the Courts
What you’ll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification in investigations and/or accounting or equivalent, and eligibility and/or membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants.
Ideally you will have:
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in data analytics
- Strong SQL Ability: Proven experience in complex queries, query optimisation, complex data transformation
- A sound understanding of IT systems and networks, IT infrastructure, IT hardware, including servers, desktops, laptops, and an interest in various mainstream computer applications
- Microsoft Suite – Advanced Excel skills required. VBA scripting to develop excel macros a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle and analyse complex information (financial /accounting insight is favourable)
- Commitment to data accuracy, traceability and repeatability, by adhering to company data work standards and methodology. Be able to assist in enhancing these standards and methodologies
- Be able to provide quality assurance via review and testing the work your peers and provide constructive feedback and solutions. In turn, be able to assist others with quality assistance of your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2021-2022 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Maria Aniceto on email@example.com. Learn more about what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.