Audit Project Leader - Financial Crime
- BNY Mellon
- Liverpool, Merseyside/Manchester, Lancashire, UK
- Not disclosed
- 10 Mar 2023
- 04 Apr 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of June 30, 2022, BNY Mellon had $43.0 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.9 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the BNY Mellon Internal Audit Team.
The Internal Audit mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Lead or participate in delivering complex and challenging financial crime related audits.
- Lead or participate in the end-to-end planning, fieldwork, and reporting of audit assignments - this will require consideration of complex, judgemental business processes and decisions
- Coach younger colleagues, review their work, and give meaningful feedback.
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, challenging management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken to address the issues identified.
- Prepare draft audit reports
- Follow-up of audit actions and where necessary testing their implementation.
- Build and proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for Internal Audit
- Contributes to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements for financial crime
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management.
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees.
Experience and knowledge:
- Relevant years’ experience working in financial services or banking, within Third Line Internal Audit or Second Line Risk or Compliance Monitoring
- Substantial operations, conduct and governance understanding and exposure
- In depth knowledge of audit methodologies
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Financial Crime and awareness of key regulatory focus from regulators e.g., FCA
- Strong Financial Crime risk and control mindset
- Strong communication, influencing skills and confident in communicating with stakeholders both internal and external both written and verbal with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-sufficiency
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, organisation, and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge and use of Excel and other Microsoft software – PowerPoint, Word, Visio
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience and have completed a recognised relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CIA, CMIIA, ACA, ACCA, CAMS), but not essential
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.