EY Ireland - Assurance Graduate Programme 2023
- Cork/Dublin/Galway/Limerick/Waterford, IRL
- Not disclosed
- 10 Mar 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, Financial analyst, Forensic accountant, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
EY Ireland - Assurance Graduate Programme 2023
*Please note you may only apply to one 2023 EY graduate programme. All additional applications will not be considered.
At EY, we're building a better working world. Starting with yours.
We know that big ideas can come from anywhere and some of our highest flyers come from under the radar. Apply now for the EY Graduate Programme 2023, that’s designed for those who want to think outside the box.
By joining one of our award-winning Graduate Programmes, you will have the opportunity to become an integral part of a team in EY. You’ll receive world-class hands-on training that has real-world application. You’ll stretch yourself and we’ll challenge you.
We’re #1 in the areas that matter for your career and we’re looking for graduates with no borders on their ambitions.
Here’s to building a better working world.
The EY Assurance Graduate Programme
Assurance (audit) includes understanding the key business and financial risks facing our clients and the markets they operate in, reviewing processes, IT and Technology Controls, designing tests, and verifying accounting treatments and numbers, all whilst complying with accounting and auditing standards.
We welcome students from all disciplines and backgrounds to apply. If you’re a problem-solver, are information-hungry and data-driven, apply today for our Graduate Programme in Assurance.
What kind of work could you be doing?
Once you apply for the graduate programme in Assurance, our teams will review your application and if successful, you will be invited to interview with EY for one of the below areas. Please remember if you have a preference for a specific team or area within Assurance, make sure to note this on your application form!
- Auditing an EY client includes understanding the key business and financial risks facing our clients and the markets they operate in, reviewing processes, designing tests and verifying accounting treatments and numbers, all whilst complying with accounting and auditing standards.
- We audit clients across a number of sectors including tech, pharma, banking, wealth and asset management, aircraft leasing, government, media, telecoms and construction.
- We are very proud of the fact that we audit 68% of the tech companies in the Irish market.
- Centre of Excellence
- The Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) engages with EY’s largest global audit clients, providing innovative solutions to global statutory reporting.
- Through ground-breaking technology tools, the COE drives disruption in the management of global statutory audits, provides business insights into our clients’ performance, and partners with our clients, as they move to world class statutory reporting structures.
- Forensics and Data Analytics
- Our teams in Forensic & Integrity Services (Forensics) and Data Analytics tackle the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance, and dispute services.
- Working on projects ranging from corporate fraud investigation to big data analytics or simply designing and developing intelligent solutions to solve our clients’ complex data challenges.
Training & Development
Joining the EY Assurance Graduate Programme gives you the opportunity to become a fully qualified accountant, where you will refine your talents and enhance your knowledge within your chosen specialism. Naturally, you’ll build up a network of amazing people and be exposed to all sorts of industries through your everyday work.
Throughout the Assurance Graduate programme, you will complete the Chartered Accountants Ireland qualification (ACA), which includes three sets of professional examinations: CAP1, CAP2, and the Final Admittance Exam (FAE).At EY, we offer world-class learning and development support as you pursue your professional qualifications, including fully paid exam fees and study leave, exam bonus schemes, internal exam support sessions and more. In addition, if you are interested in pursuing an accreddited Maters in Accounting or Post-Graduate Diploma in Accounting before joining EY, we will offer you additional sponsorship towards your post-graduate studies! (Terms & Conditions apply)
While there will be a certain focus on building your technical skillset, we also want you to gain the skills needed to manage your workload and create a healthy work/life balance.
This programme is 3 to 3.5 years in total (depending on your exam exemptions), with many opportunities to stay at EY post-qualification. Upon the completion of the EY Graduate Programme in Assurance, you will, quite simply, be one of the most employable young people in Europe.
Skills and attributes for success
- A minimum 2.1 or higher in your chosen degree
- A client-oriented, professional services mindset
- Exceptional execution and delivery mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Aptitude to present on subject matter areas to an audience
Applications close 28th February 2023.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.