- Alter Domus
- Nicosia, CY/Birkirkara, MT/Cork, IE
- Customised compensation structure
- 10 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
For our office in Nicosia, Malta or Cork we are seeking an officer to be part of our Finance team. We offer, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for a portfolio of Alter Domus entities and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs, including:
- Maintaining company Accounts and preparing periodic management reports, for a varied portfolio containing a mix of regulated and unregulated entities predominantly made up of Alter Domus entities established within the EMEA region.
- Preparing statutory financial statements and maintaining contact with auditors when applicable.
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end audits.
- Preparing corporate tax and VAT returns and maintaining relevant contact with the tax authorities and tax advisors when applicable.
- Preparing periodic regulatory returns and reports relevance to the entities.
- Handling the day-to-day operations of companies.
- Assisting with the organization of board meetings and shareholders meetings when applicable.
- While employed as an officer you will have the opportunity to attend training to enhance your current skills and learn new ones as well.
What we’ll look for on your CV:
- Working towards your professional accounting qualification (ACCA/ACA).
- Up to 2-3 years relevant experience within the fields of accounting or audit.
- Fluency in both English and Greek (written and spoken) is a requirement.
- High level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines.
- You can work independently, while also possessing risk awareness and high integrity when dealing with confidential information.
- Good communication skills, organized and flexible.
What will make you stand out in a crowd:
- Strong academic background, preferably with a degree in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Economics.
- Fluency in other languages are desirable.
- Experience in preparation of Financial Statements using Caseware.
- You possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment.