Finance Analyst - Digital Channels Finance
- Sydney - CBD Area
- Not disclosed
- 10 Mar 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services (RBS) business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities. This is achieved by providing financial information and business advice to support our business units to build sustainable shareholder value.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services (FS) business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
DOT Finance is part of the RBS Distribution Finance team and operates with an integrated business partnering model, helping the management of the product and distribution businesses yet with a one step removed to promote objectivity and independence of analysis and advice. Major work functions are planning, reporting and decision support to line management to promote operational and financial efficiency, productivity delivery and customer service quality while reinforcing a sound control environment.
Digital Operations & Technology is the Groups’ Digital Distribution Channel. Encompassing NetBank, CommBank and Mobile assets, as well as technology supporting the retail business. The DOT team will ensure that our customers’ Digital user experience is of world class standard.
Do work that matters
- Sales performance insights – Leverage data to analyse channel sales performance and highlight drivers and insights to business.
- Cost performance insights – Understand key cost drivers across the digital and broader RBS business identifying opportunities and inefficiencies providing recommendations.
- Business performance reporting – Ensure timely and accurate delivery of monthly Digital expense performance reporting.
- Stakeholder management
- Key business partner to Digital sales teams providing an independent view of performance
- Partner with analytics and BI resources leveraging customer data to unlock deeper commercial insights
- Work with product finance team to align product and channel goals and performance
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and input required by key stakeholders (e.g. CFO, GM Finance, EGM Digital & Customer, GM Digital & Customer)
- Actively contribute to process improvement, simplification and cross skilling across the RBS Finance team
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline preferably finance, business or economics
- Post graduate qualifications preferred (CA/CPA, MBA, SIA)
- Familiarity with month end procedures and reporting
- Understanding of data tables and construct
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Banking knowledge is highly valued
- Previous experience of a relevant distribution business highly is valued
- Presentation skills are highly valued
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 25/03/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.