Financial Analyst/Financial Accountant
- Banyan Software Inc.
- Market competitive salary in US$
- 10 Mar 2023
- 10 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Assistant accountant, Bookkeeper, Business analyst, Chief accountant, Finance manager, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Group accountant, Management accountant
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified, Newly qualified, Qualified accountant, Manager
Banyan Software is US/Canadian-based software company which currently working in US, Canada, UK , Australia, New Zealand and Switzerland. It has so far acquired 29 companies and successfully running its operations. It provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets. In 2021 Banyan was named the #1 fastest growing private software company in the US on the Inc 5000. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
Banyan is looking to hire a Financial Accountant/Financial Analyst to join its high-functioning offshore Karachi accounting team. As part of the Karachi team the candidate will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end accounting function for multiple Banyan portfolio companies in coordination with onshore team in Canada/US.
- Assisting with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close reporting process;
- Participate in budget preparation and variance analysis
- Assisting with the on-boarding and implementation for newly acquired companies
- Work with onshore Canadian team contacts in the preparation of timely GAAP financial statements and budget/prior year to actual analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Assist with the operational and financial integration of newly acquired businesses;
- Aid onshore Canadian team in providing real-time solutions and/or analysis for issues faced by portfolio company executives and Banyan management;
- Provide audit oversight support in conjunction with onshore team;
- Assist in documenting end-to-end financial processes to be reviewed by the onshore team;
- Assist in the expense management process for portfolio companies;
- Monitor AR collections for portfolio companies to identify potential collection risks;
- Posting Accounts Payable invoices and applying subsequent payments made on those invoices;
- Creating customer contracts in the company’s accounting ERP and assisting with customer subscription billing;
- Supporting the customer contract renewal process;
- Monitoring and following up on long-outstanding accounts receivables;
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned from time-to-time.
- Recognized professional accounting or pursuing a professional accountancy degree;
- 4+ years of relevant work experience. Big 4 experience will be a plus;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English with strong communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- Willing to work from 2pm to 10pm - Pakistan Time;
- Highly motivated, an extreme willingness to learn and an interest in software industry;
- A natural curiosity for how businesses work, a tenacious attitude towards research, and the ability to think and work both independently, and as part of a team;
- Experience working with accounting ERP systems (SAGE Intacct is considered a plus).
- Highly motivated and energetic with an interest in entrepreneurship, software, and finance
Banyan Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veterans status.