Director, Internal Audit, Financial Services Advisory
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- 09 Mar 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Finance director, Financial planning & analysis, Internal audit
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
Grant Thornton’s Financial Services Advisory (FSA) Business Risk Services (BRS) team is currently seeking a driven and self-motivated professional person to join its leadership team in Dublin.
The FSA BRS team has grown substantially over the past numbers of years and performs a variety of services to clients in the areas of risk management, regulatory compliance, internal audit, attestation reporting, corporate governance and IT audit.
The successful candidate should have experience in leading internal audit engagements at a senior management level.
The role provides strong candidates with the opportunity to become a key member of the leadership team and play a role in successful and growing business unit whilst working closely with colleagues throughout the firm in a rapidly growing area of the business. This role will be attractive to individuals who can rise to a challenge, who are adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. The role offers highly attractive career development and progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build relationships and lead on assignments covering a broad spectrum of organisations within the Financial Services industry, including:
- Asset Management
- Payment Institutions
- Manage a portfolio of internal audit engagements across a number of sectors and clients;
- Oversee the delivery of internal audit engagements to regulated clients using internal audit methodology, project management and subject matter expertise skills
- Provide risk management, controls assurance advice and expertise to clients, in a consulting capacity or as part of an outsourced or co-sourced arrangement;
- Work closely with client management, up to and including board-level directors;
- Prepare detailed reports outlining project deliverables and where relevant professional recommendations; and
- Lead strategic business development activities, including identifying client needs and opportunities, develop high quality proposals, attend business development opportunities and presentations.
Skills and Attributes
- Minimum 8 years’ post qualification experience in an internal audit department or control assurance in the Financial Services industry or professional services;
- ERM, operational risk and/ or internal audit experience in a risk advisory, control assurance or compliance monitoring role is a distinct advantage;
- Qualification relevant to risk management, regulatory compliance, internal audit, accounting, consulting, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, PIIA, MIIA, PMP, Six Sigma, etc.;
- Strong client focus and client relationship management skills;
- Exposure to the financial services sector and large private or multinational sector;
- Strong project management skills, issue resolution and the ability to plan and manage local and global projects with large teams;
- A strong team player who is also prepared to lead;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven business development skills.
If you think you are this person and you want a career that works for you with a professional services organisation that is going places then apply today.
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.