Accountant, Expatriate Tax / Comptable, Impôts D’expatriés
- Montréal, QC H3B2K2, CAN
- Customized rewards programs that focus on flexibility and work-life integration
- 09 Mar 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Expatriate Team as an Accountant. This is a contract role. Start date: ASAP, end date is June 30th, 2023.This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll deliver innovative, strategic plans that address clients’ cross-border needs and minimize tax liability.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Conduct U.S. corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues
- Work with a team to deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex tax and assurance issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables
- Assist in performing due diligence or modeling with respect to potential acquisitions by Canadian entities of US subsidiaries, partnerships or business operations
- Set up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses
- Prepare U.S. corporate tax returns
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns for various types of entities
- Prepare journal entries and provide bookkeeping services
- Review legal documents such as articles of incorporation, purchase agreements and amalgamation agreements
- Prepare domestic/international federal and multi-state corporate/partnership information returns
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the taxpayer (capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.)
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationships with client contacts
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)
- 1 to 2 years of relevant public accounting or tax services experience
- Experience in the preparation of domestic tax compliance is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act and U.S. Corporate Tax
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is preferred
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.