Financial Services Tax Manager
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- 09 Mar 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing professional services firm. With over 2,000 people in 8 offices across Ireland and a presence in over 130 countries around the world, we bring you the local knowledge, national expertise and global presence to help you and your business succeed – wherever you’re located.
We deliver solutions to all business challenges. Clients choose us because the breadth of financial and business services they need is available, delivered innovatively and always to the highest standards. At Grant Thornton we are committed to long term relationships. We are different. We are Grant Thornton.
The firm comprises over 2,000 people operating from offices in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Kildare, Limerick, Longford and Isle of Man.The location of this role can be determined by your location.
We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our growing financial services tax team. As a manager, you will be responsible for presenting solutions to increasingly complex technical issues, demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge in own service area to develop solutions to complex technical issues and manage a team in demanding assignments on a day to day basis. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- Manage a team providing tax compliance and international tax advisory services for a broad range of clients in the financial services sector;
- Provide technical and commercial support to clients’ cross-border transactions and assess their international tax strategies;
- research and understand the evolving global tax landscape and keep our clients informed of potential impact;
- manage the implementation of a number of different projects at any one time, including meeting deadlines, prioritization and billings;
- contribute to the tax practices development by proactively managing existing clients and identifying potential opportunities to undertake additional/new client work;
- work closely with the financial services advisory and audit team to provide a holistic service to our existing clients and identify further opportunities for growth for the firm.
Skills and attributes:
- ACA, ACCA, or CTA qualified;
- 2/3 years’ post qualification experience of working in an financial services tax environment;
- strong technical knowledge, solutions driven and proven ability to identify opportunities for clients;
- Asset Management and/or Insurance expertise would be an advantage
- capable of working on your own initiative;
- ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the financial services teams across the firm and the global network;
- strong interpersonal skills are essential together with proven people development skills to support the development of the more junior staff; and
- ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice.
- Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it’s right, but because we’re all at our best when we’re able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we’ll work hard to ensure that’s how you feel. We want you for who you are. We’re excited to see the personality and perspectives you’ll bring to our team because we know we’ll all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.