- Al-Futtaim Group
- Doha, QA
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 09 Mar 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
To assist in financial planning and analysis while ensuring internal controls and compliance with tax policies and procedures.
What you will do
- Prepare and file tax returns as per the required regulations.
- Stay up-to-date on tax laws and regulations and communicate any changes to management.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate and timely reporting of tax information.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines and conduct tax research.
- Assist in the preparation of Income statement, balance sheet and cash flow, and relevant tax impacts.
- Utilizing BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules to support the financial statements and assist with tax audits.
- Prepare various ad-hoc reports as requested.
Required Skills to be Successful
- Strong initiative
- Negotiation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical Skills
About the Team
The Finance team is a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun, technology professional across Qatar, looking to add another member to the department, to whom all of them will report.
What equips you for the role
- Bachelor's degree inFinance / related OR equivalent.
- 3 -5years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and ongoing technical accounting proficiency sufficient to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the books and records of the Company.
- Vital Familiarity and understanding of tax laws and regulations, including experience with tax planning and compliance.
- Microsoft Power BI/Tableau would be preferred
- SAP experience would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge is required
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.