Assistant Manager, SOX
- Manila (Exquadra Tower)
- Flexible benefits package
- 09 Mar 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the role
We are looking for a SOX team member to assist with our SOX Compliance activities in regards to ensuring the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). We believe a successful candidate has ample audit and risk advisory experience in the Technology and/or Retail industries, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. In return, you will get an opportunity to apply your expertise and be an internal go-to person on Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Report to the SOX Partner
- Assist in SOX Compliance activities (e.g. prepare SOX documentation like flowchart, process narrative) and perform SOX Compliance testing
- Collaborate with various stakeholders throughout the company to understand, evaluate and test controls
- Assess deficiencies identified, work with stakeholders to identify action plans, follow-up on remediation activities, and perform remediation testing
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- 3-6 years of audit and risk advisory, Risk Management, Internal Control, (including Sarbanes-Oxley Act) in multiple industries (preferably in tech and/or retail industries)
- Excellent command of English
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills, plus good business acumen
- Ability to think on your feet and work independently in a start-up environment.
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AuditBoard).
Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA)
- SOX audit and controls experience in Big 4 or leading organizations, with a focus on the technology, online internet economy, and/or retail sectors
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards, such as COSO
- Demonstrated track record in leading engagements within a professional services or consulting environment, combined with ability to work in teams effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- Effective project management skills and a demonstrated ability to follow through and complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques
- Ability to identify issues, determine root cause and recommend accurate and actionable solutions to improve controls and manage risk to the company’s risk appetite
- Ability to work independently, be a good team player and be resourceful with good interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to empathize and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.