- PwC Caribbean
- Port of Spain
- Competitive compensation
- 09 Mar 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Job Description & SummaryA career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution, using technology to support innovation, flexibility and efficiency.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop a solid understanding of a client's business relevant to the audit of financial statements.
- Obtain and analyse relevant data from clients for completion of assigned tasks.
- Identify, evaluate and validate controls in moderate to high risk sections of an audit.
- Participate in constructive team discussions and provide feedback.
- Accept personal responsibility for areas assigned and willing to work overtime as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Review financial statements prepared by a client for completeness of financial disclosures.
- Keep abreast of current industry / client developments.
- Ability to identify, build and sustain internal and external relationships.
- Assumes personal responsibility for own learning and is willing to develop an opinion and come to a conclusion on semi complex matters independently.
- Contributes to establishing a positive work environment by building and sustaining team relationships.
- Selects and uses communication methods appropriately and effectively.
- Approaches team and client interactions in a professional and organised manner.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritise time and communicate potential conflicts.
Responds to problems as they arise by following instructions, asking questions and making appropriate decisions.
Minimum years experience required
- ACCA qualified or equivalent qualification
- Five or more years post qualification experience in an audit/assurance services, finance and/or accounting professional environment
- Proficient knowledge of and experience with Digital tools such as Alteryx and/or PowerBi would be an asset
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience in leading teams and coaching
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
Job Posting End Date
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.