Accounts Semi Senior
- Haines Watts
- Diss, Norfolk
- 08 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Diss HWCA
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
It's not all about the numbers!
Traditionally accountancy has been all about numbers and commercial considerations; but not here at Haines Watts. We really strive to build lasting, valued relationships and to make a tangible and meaningful impact. It is our clients' success that drives us and we are proactively committed to helping our clients and colleagues achieve their business and life goals in a passionate and authentic way, as these are the key traits that underpin everything we do.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
A wide range of benefits would be available to the successful individual to include a highly competitive remuneration package and bonus, pension and flexible working hours. On top of this, you will be encouraged to learn and develop through training courses and masterclasses.
What is the role?
As a part qualified or newly qualified Accounts Semi-Senior working within our Diss office, you will be assisting the managers and directors in the management and delivery of accounts preparation services for our Owner Managed Business Client portfolio with the below key tasks being carried out.
- Preparing statutory year end account from records: planning through to completion
- Preparing accounts and tax returns for partnerships
- Managing deadlines and client expectations
- First review of statutory accounts and stress management accounts
- Dealing with queries from clients via email and on the phone
- Reviewing VAT returns
- Some management accounts
- Providing on the job training for junior members of the team
- Attending client sites
What you will need to be;
- Punctual, presentable and with the ability communicate
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Courteous and professional
ACA/ACCA part/ newly qualified or AAT qualified and have two years prior experience of accounts preparation, delegating and reviewing work of trainees within the team.
What you get back from us;
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development and leadership training
- Access to our flexible working policy
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.