Consulting Staff - Financial Services Office - The Cayman Islands
- Grand Cayman, CYM
- Not disclosed
- 08 Mar 2023
- 08 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Business analyst, Financial analyst, Forensic accountant, Internal audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Consulting Staff in our Financial Services practice. This is an exciting, multi-disciplinary entry-level consultancy opportunity with a primary focus on serving clients in the Banking, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance industries.
Your key responsibilities
Our consulting professionals typically work as part of multi-disciplinary EY engagement teams to assist our clients in areas such as:
- Performance Improvement – Help our clients with improving the effectiveness and design of their operations, finance and accounting functions. Areas of focus include finance transformation, finance process re-engineering, accounting change implementation, enterprise cost reduction, operational improvement, consumer finance and treasury advisory
- Internal Audit/Process & Controls – Help our clients evaluate and enhance their internal audit functions as well as the overall control environment of the institution and providing industry-focused, strategic outsourcing and co-sourcing services
- Risk Management/Financial Crimes Compliance - help our clients combat global illicit finance; areas of focus include anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters
- Technology Risk Assurance - Assist our clients with establishing an effective governance, risk, and control environment by evaluating controls, business and technology alignment, regulatory requirements, risk processes, metrics and reporting, and risk frameworks
- Enterprise Intelligence – Help our clients manage the collection, storage, use and quality of data and enable information intelligence to meet business needs across finance, risk and operations. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Quality and Governance, and Data Management
- Actuarial Consulting - Work with clients in the property/casualty and life insurance areas to deliver professional actuarial consultancy services, including audit support, actuarial opinions and capital modeling
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, budgets and other planning documents
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related business fields, with a strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant
- A plan to complete a service line and firm approved professional designation
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of a professional working environment and a desire to work in financial services
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A passion for activities outside of your studies, especially promoting your ability to collaborate as part of a diverse team
- An eagerness to learn how our clients operate across different industries
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on projects from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in business and management consulting, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.