Public Sector Audit Assistant Manager
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 08 Mar 2023
- 08 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Audit & Assurance, Audit, Assurance, Assistant Manager, Senior, Public Sector Audit
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is "To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day"? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is"Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award-winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operatingacross the UK and the Nordics. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across over 80 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As an Assistant Manager in our Public Sector External Audit team you will support partners, directors and managers in the delivery of high quality external audits to a range of public sector organisations. As your responsibilities progress you will be involved the development and growth of the team.
You will have experience of working in an external audit environment, including the delivery of external audit services to public sector organisations.
You will have the opportunity to lead, manage, motivate and coach other members of the team. You will be working with a great team of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best.
In terms of qualifications, we want to ensure we are offering the best service to our clients so an accountancy qualification such as CA, ACA, ACCA or CPFA is essential for this role. We will provide you with ongoing mentoring and coaching as you continue to develop personally.A note from the Hiring Manager
You will be joining a dynamic team that is one of the leading providers of audit services to the Scottish public sector. We have a dedicated public sector team led by partners and managers who are recognised specialists in their fields. We are looking to grow our team to support our plans to grow the firm. This is a great opportunity to develop your career as we continue to grow our business.What's in it for you?
- 33 days annual leave(31 for Students with study package and 38 for Partners) inc.bank holidays
- Birthday Day off
- Lead Incentive Scheme(applicable to up to and including Associate Director level)
-We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio.
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Private Medical Cover(applicable to Director/Partner level)
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave- We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks(both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Flexible Working- Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance- 4 times salary
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Benefits Portal
- Access to our YuLife wellbeing app –Includes EAP, 24/7 GP access, retail vouchers and discounts, free digital will writing, discounted gym memberships etc.
- Paid sick leave
- Career Coaching
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program- For you and your family.
- Dress for your day
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities and Study Support
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?Why join the Azets family?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.