Associate, Pensions Audit - Midlands
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 08 Mar 2023
- 08 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial analyst
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Associate, Pensions Audit - Midlands
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
This role is to prepare the Annual Report and Financial Statements for a portfolio of pension scheme clients, ensuring they meet the latest regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
In performing this role, you will be expected to:
- Collate and analyse accounting records; e.g. cashbooks, investment manager reports.
- Prepare/review accounts disclosures to ensure they meet the requirements of the pension’s statement of recommended practice.
- Oversee the work of more junior members of the pensions accounts preparation team. Ensuring:
- Work is planned and performed in sufficient detail and in accordance with agreed timetables.
- Working papers are clear, concise and comply with Crowe's processes and standards.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Be the main point of contact for clients.
- Oversee correspondence between more junior members of the team and client/third party advisers.
- Liaise with scheme auditors during the annual audit process.
- Word and excel
- Preparation of annual accounts from cashbooks, investment records, etc.
- A familiarity with pension scheme disclosure requirements, or a willingness to invest time to get up to speed with such disclosures
- An awareness of different investment types and disclosure requirements, or a willingness to invest time to get up to speed with such disclosures
- Dealing with clients and third party advisers
- Working as part of a team
A team player.
Someone who can:
- Lead by example and support and develop others.
- Apply their technical knowledge, and professional experience, to make useful recommendations.
- Manage their time effectively, prioritise accordingly, and deliver tasks under pressure.
We will consider full or part qualified candidates (providing support part qualified to allow them to complete their qualifications).
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 20 January 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.