Manager - Outsourced Accounting Services
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- 07 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Bookkeeper, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Department: Outsourced Accounting Services (OAS)
Entry Route: Qualified Accountant
Employment Type: Permanent
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Outsourced Accounting team. We have a growing client portfolio and provide a holistic service to established and dynamic growing clients. Current client portfolio includes companies from the: ICT/Pharmaceutical/Construction/Retail/Aviation and Service sectors.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working on own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete outsourcing engagements for a diverse portfolio of local and global based clients. This is a hands-on position that requires someone who wants to get to grips with the finance processes quickly.Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm.
- Managing a diverse client portfolio resulting in high quality service delivery and within agreed timeframes as defined by client
- Oversee the work related to bookkeeping, reconciliations, preparation of periodic management accounts, VAT returns and other ad hoc work as prepared by the team members
- Participate in the planning and coordinating of OAS resources to ensure optimum allocation and utilisation of resources
- Optimise all opportunities for efficiency gains resulting from the streamlining of business processes across client files supported by the utilisation of automation and other process improvements tools
- Compilation and preparation of new business proposals from initial referral to final client engagement and all client management and communication that this requires
- Managing and mentoring a team of accounting professionals; ensuring appropriate support and training is provided at all times to ensure optimum staff performance and every opportunity given to staff to succeed in work and in their relevant professional exams. Mentor relevant staff through the internal Grant Thornton Trainee Progression System
- Timely preparation of all relevant billing matters and ensuring that all OAS assignments are delivered within appropriate budget
- Support regular ad hoc information requests from business owners and senior management and assist on other responsibilities and projects as required
Skills and attributes:
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification)
- Keen attention to detail & drive to improve quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to challenge stakeholders & performance
- Strong leadership / people management capability
- Ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial staff in a confident and professional manner
- Ability to communicate complex information in a succinct and clear manner
- Adept at dealing with high volumes of data
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced and transforming environment
- Excellent MS Office skills, notably Excel
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and problem solve
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple activities with competing deadlines
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Training and support from our dedicated learning and development team
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave
- Hybrid working week – blended arrangement where you can work from home, at the Grant Thornton office or client sites depending on business, client and teams needs
- 3pm finish on Fridays during the summer months and before a bank holiday
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.