General Ledger Accountant
- Bucharest (County) (RO)
- 07 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Assistant management accountant, Audit, Financial accountant, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are SLB
Our story begins with what it truly means to be a technology innovator. It stems from a common sense of purpose that unites the people of SLB who, representing more than 160 nationalities, provide leading digital solutions and deploy ground-breaking technologies to enable performance and sustainability that are crucial for the global energy industry.
With expertise in more than 120 countries, we partner with customers in close collaboration to create industry-changing technologies that unlock cleaner, safer access to energy for every community—including those we live and work in.
We are SLB, and we are leading the energy industry forward—together.
We are industry leaders because of our exceptional and talented people. They are the core that drives our purpose and integrity, which fuel our belief that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their greatest potential. Ever-evolving and constantly innovating, we transcend every cultural and technological boundary set before us. Indeed, it is our diversity that makes us stronger. Together, we achieve more.
This role is part of the General Accounting and Controlling department and it supports the month end close process, balance sheet notes, group and internal audits and technical projects in the management accounting area, according to US GAAP Standards (and internal policies and regulations).
- Responsibility for closing the management books for multiple legal entities;
- Balance sheet review, reconciliations and preparation of associated balance sheet notes;
- Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, provisions, allocations etc.;
- Responsibility for coordination and execution of Internal and Group Audit requirements;
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP standards and internal policies and controls;
- Work cross departments, cross hubs and cross functions in order to achieve accuracy, completeness and timeliness of deliverables;
- Having a good overview of the business transactions and their reflection in management accounting;
- Analyzing actual results (P&L and BS) to reconcile financial accounts, taking responsibility for all balances and resolution of queries;
- Ad Hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required;
- Fulfill any task assigned by the direct supervisor in accordance with the professional experience and area of expertise.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Diploma holder for professional qualifications;
- Three (3)+ years of experience in management or financial accounting;
- Strong computer experience Microsoft Office desired and SAP knowledge is a plus;
- Good communication & Collaboration skills;
- Demonstrate high reliability and self-motivation;
- Drive accountability and results;
- Fluent in English;
- Second foreign language (preferably French, Spanish) would be considered a plus.
What we can offer:
- Work from home allowance;
- Bookster - for book lovers;
- We work hybrid, 2 days at the office and 3 days at home;
- Meal tickets;
- Private medical subscription - GOLD package;
- Life insurance;
- Company events, great office location (Afi Bussines Park 4-5, close to Politehnica metro station)
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation;
- Market-specific training and ongoing personal development;
- Career growth opportunities both national and international;
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development;
- International work environment;
SLB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.