Manager - Product Development - Regulatory Reporting (ISG Operations)
- Morgan Stanley
- Not disclosed
- 06 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Job Title: Manager – Product Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Designation: Manager - Product Development
Department: Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has around 1300+ professional globally and of which, 700+ employees work out of India. Our offices are spread in New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hong Kong.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in the United States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support including financial reporting
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- Investor transparency reporting
Product Development (PD) team within Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) is the change & transformation think tank that works with the fund services business to establish overall strategy and priorities for the technology products and platforms. Based on the business strategy and overall priorities, the Product Development team leads & drives the product plans including gathering user requirements for the development teams, facilitating design reviews with the business and manage the overall rollout plans including QA, user testing, staff training and final delivery. The team partners with the business & technology teams across multiple global locations to deliver the final product.
The candidate will work closely with the business unit to manage and implement the direction and priorities of the Regulatory Reporting space. This candidate will be responsible for managing end to end project delivery, facilitating design reviews with the business and manage the overall rollout plans including QA, user testing, staff training and final delivery. This role also includes being the first line of user support for products, track client issues and works with business to prioritize post implementation issues and enhancements requests. This candidate will have to coordinate between the business, development teams across multiple global locations.
- Candidate to have knowledge of Regulatory Reporting for Hedge Funds and Alternative investments structures
- High level understanding of CPO-PQR, Form PF, 13F and other regulatory reporting
- Basic knowledge of hedge fund investor servicing, transfer agency, investor accounting and implementation of fund terms
- Strong experience in gathering requirements, testing, system roll outs, data conversion and integration projects
- Strong project management skills with ability to take ownership & lead projects independently with minimum supervision
- Strong communication skills & ability to interface with executive management, business users and technology development teams in multiple locations
- Basic knowledge of latest industry leading digital solutions like robotics, surface automation, data analytics & data visualization
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders for prioritisation and tracking of requirements
- Experience of working with cross functional distributed teams to ensure progress on strategic agenda
- Should be detailed oriented and must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of focused globally distributed teams, in a complex matrix environment
- Experience working with technical teams (internal as well as vendor led) to drive the build out of systems
- CA/ MBA/ CFA/ Engineer preferred with 5+ years of overall experience, with 2-3 years in process improvement/ project management. AGILE experience preferred.
- CBAP, PMP, PMI-ACP, SAFE, PRINCE2 or similar certifications would be preferred
- Ability to work with Microsoft office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Share point, Access
- Knowledge of databases & database concepts
- Working knowledge of project management tools like JIRA, Rally or any other in-house developed tools
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong dedication to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.