R and A Fin. Acct and Contrl. Analyst
- Shell Business Operations
- Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Not disclosed
- 06 Mar 2023
- 04 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
Where you fit
- Build trust and confidence in cooperation within Finance Operations
- Exceptionally strong team-working across the process area is essential
- Cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Necessity to constantly update knowledge within finance
- Work in process heavily loaded towards deadlines
What’s the role?
- Complete all assigned complex process activities (General Leger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Fixed assets, Statutory and other) in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide support to other team members on complex issues using knowledge and experience
- Provide expertise to FO and non FO stakeholders: GFRM / IFRS subject matter expert
- Participate in R&A process projects across various locations
- Initiate and lead process improvements
- Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively
- Comply with team, centre, process and global policies and procedures
- Manage effectively interfaces with FO and non FO stakeholders, build end to end perspective
- SOAR owner/supervisor role
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility
- Control owner / control operator (RDS, FCM, business)
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of financial accounting requirements (Proficiency in financial accounting practices and IFRS standards).
- Good analytical skills meticulous and able to work independently.
- Results oriented, fast paced, resourceful and proactive.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications especially Excel.
- The incumbent has to work under pressure
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
- Gathers data, analyses and reports findings. Gathers data using existing formats and will suggest changes to these formats. Resolves disputes and acts as an SME, first escalation level.
- Conducts analyses to solve repetitive or patterned information and data queries/problems.
- Works within a variety of well-defined procedures and practices. Supervised on progress and results; informs management about analysis outcomes. Works autonomously within this scope, with regular steer required e.g. on project scope and prioritisation. May coach less experienced colleagues.
- Supports stakeholders in understanding analyses / outcomes and using them on topic related to own areas of expertise. Interaction with others demands influencing and persuasion in a tactful manner to explain and advise on performed analyses of information.
- Job holder identifies shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures within the assigned unit and suggests improvements. Analyses, proposes and (where possible) implements alternatives.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.