- Grant Thornton Channel Islands
- Competitive salary and a flexible benefits package
- 06 Mar 2023
- 06 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified, Qualified accountant
To effectively plan and manage audit assignments, ensuring completion to a high standard within agreed timetable and budget and is motivated to perform and committed to effective client service and the quality of work meets the company’s ethical and professional standards and supports organisational success.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Undertakes pre-audit scoping and preparation, identifying audit risks and performing preliminary evaluation of client’s internal control structure to identify weaknesses and areas for management consideration and improvement and endeavours to exceed client expectations.
• Carries out audit planning procedures including the design of audit tests using the firm’s audit methodology ensuring that key matters not identified at the planning stage are brought to the attention of the client management team and assists with assessment.
• Completes audit file to a high standard which meets set reporting and auditing standards, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions. Ensures audit work is undertaken with integrity, competence, objectivity and confidentiality.
• Prepares financial statements, where applicable, or reviews client-prepared financial statement and other management reports.
• Responsible for on-site management and supervision of junior team members, providing on-the-job coaching to support their on-going development. Conducting staff performance evaluations at the end of assignments providing constructive feedback and recommending training where relevant and takes appropriate action when technical and professional expertise of team members is not at the required level.
• Monitors own WIP and ensures a positive contribution is made to departmental billing.
• Maintains good client relationships, keeping up-to-date with significant changes in client affairs and identifies opportunities to cross-sell and is able to build relationships to ensure client retention and growth.
• Acts as an ambassador of the firm, building relationships and promoting the firm at every opportunity to facilitate new business opportunities.
• Fully understands the role and function of audit for a large range of different entities, in particular financial service clients and has a good understanding of audit techniques including planning, interviewing, documentation, testing, conclusions and reporting.
• Possesses a strong technical knowledge and understanding of current accounting and audit regulations and issues.
• Is a team player, but also able to work alone and be a self-starter with a flexible and proactive approach coupled with an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Has proven client handling experience and the ability to supervise and motivate more junior members of staff.
• Has excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organising skills and is able to display initiative and lateral thinking coupled with good problem solving and analytical thinking ability.
• Highly PC literate with excellent knowledge of Windows software and accounting systems.
Possesses a relevant accounting professional qualification coupled with at least 3 years audit work experience.
About Grant Thornton CI
Grant Thornton Limited is a leading Channel Island professional service practice with offices in Guernsey and Jersey with combined staffing strength of more than 160 people.
We are the Channel Island member of Grant Thornton International, one of the world's leading international organisations of independently owned and managed accounting and consulting firms. Grant Thornton International is not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered independently by the member firms and as a member firm within Grant Thornton International we have access to member and correspondent firms in over 140 countries, offering clients specialist local knowledge supported by international expertise and methodologies.
We have been offering practical and strategic advice to all the key sectors in the Channel Islands for many years, and work closely with our clients to understand the specific issues that they face, as is evident in the many long standing client relationships that we have developed.
Our range of services in the Channel Islands include:
- Recovery and Reorganisation
- Outsourced Accounting and Payroll
- Private Client
- Audit and Assurance
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.
Please mention ACCA Careers when you apply.