Recovery & Reorganisation Assistant Manager
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- 01 Mar 2023
- 01 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Restructuring & Reorganisation Assistant Manager to join our Financial Services Advisory Department. This role will be attractive to individuals who have experience in the Insolvency industry and who enjoy working in a dynamic environment where they can make a positive impact by driving quality.
The team works on a diverse range of corporate assignments including receiverships, liquidations, examinerships and administrations. As an Assistant Manager within the team, you will have a lead role on such cases, taking responsibility for certain deliverables.
Successful candidates will have experience of corporate insolvency in a professional services background and be focused on meeting regulatory and department standards whilst operating in a commercially astute manner.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to build a long term and successful financial services career, and offers industry-leading opportunities for professional development and progression.
- Manage a variety of corporate restructuring and insolvency projects;
- Assess alternative strategic options and devise effective solutions for the realisation of diverse tangible and non-tangible assets;
- Liaise with legal advisors, sales agents and other professionals in order to progress appointments and realise assets;
- Prepare and review reports for stake-holders and creditors;
- Prepare and review cash flows, budgets, receipts and payment accounts and outcome statements;
- Determine creditor claims and rankings e.g. secured, preferential or unsecured / retention of title;
- Oversee administration of insolvency processes e.g. returns to Companies’ Registration Office, notices of meetings, creditor proxies;
- Prepare and review basic tax returns (VAT and corporation tax), seeking assistance from the Tax Department where necessary;
- Manage solvent subsidiary companies including realisation of assets and completion of financial statements and annual returns;
- Oversee all dealings with employees of subject companies, including relevant payments and ongoing supervision if necessary;
- Ensure all work is in accordance with relevant legislation, industry guidance and departmental standards;
- Manage staff to ensure assigned projects and tasks meet required deadlines and quality expectations; and
- Mentor and develop junior staff – our people and their careers are at the centre of everything we do.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ideally ACA / ACCA qualified or hold an equivalent professional qualification;
- 4+ years’ relevant corporate insolvency experience;
- Possess good working knowledge of insolvency legislation and legal precedents;
- Self-confident with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport at all levels;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Commercially aware with an ability to assimilate facts and make decisions based on same;
- Highly motivated, demonstrating a strong enthusiasm to take ownership of tasks and deliver work of exceptional standard;
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities with an ability to manage a number of tasks, work under pressure and coordinate the work load of more junior staff members;
- Ability and desire to provide guidance to others; and
- Excellent attention to detail.