SA/AM – TS (Commercial Due Diligence & Strategy) (Petaling Jaya)
- KPMG in Malaysia
- Petaling Jaya
- Not disclosed
- 01 Mar 2023
- 01 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Transaction Services practice advise clients who are buying or selling a business through various due diligence services.
CDD&S is part of the Transaction Services practice, focusing on business due diligence (strategic / commercial / operational). In addition, CDD&S also encompass market study and assessment, market entry and growth strategy, business plan development, value creation and synergy assessment. CDD&S offerings stretch across the entire deal lifecycle from pre-deal to post-deal, and non-deal scenario (e.g., organic growth, greenfield expansion and etc.).
CDD&S, through our service delivery, strives to provide compelling insights to clients, prospects to explore and ultimately support clients in materialising these values.
CDD&S cover various sectors and industries such as healthcare, consumer products, retail, technology, media, industrial products, financial services and etc. This practice service some of the leading local and international corporates, public sectors, sovereign funds, private equities and venture capitalists seeking to grow and expand their business.
CDD&S is looking to hire dynamic individuals with the passion and ambition to take the practice to the next level of growth. You will work closely with the leaders of the practice and the division, executing and delivering the team’s strategies and goals. You will also work closely with the wider Transaction Services team, as well as the team in KPMG Malaysia and the wider KPMG network of member firms.
As a Senior Associate / Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for (including but not limited to):
- Processing opportunities and requests from potential clients, including proposal preparation and pitch presentation
- Participate in client and engagement discussions; to understand clients’ needs, engagement objectives and deliverables / reporting requirements
- Project execution and delivery, ranging from pre-deal to post-deal and organic growth or greenfield expansion
- Contribute suggestions, approaches and methodologies for project delivery, including market sizing, horizon scanning, landscape analysis, outlook forecast and etc.
- Provide recommendations and resolutions to project team, for challenges and issues faced during projects and engagements
- Conduct effective and efficient primary interviews with industry experts and consumers
- Design, develop and carry out surveys with targeted audience, respondents and users
- Drafting of deliverables / reports independently with minimal supervision required
Individuals looking to join us should preferably have the following:
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Business Administration / Economics / Accounting / Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university (a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Chartered Financial - Analyst status or other professional degree is an advantage);
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in corporate strategy and business development field, or client-facing strategy discipline (e.g. consulting firm / Big 4 advisory / boutique advisory firm / private equity fund), with a focus on business due diligence and operations;
- Knowledge of available databases across the industry and experience in working on these databases (e.g. Thomson One, Fitch, APQC, etc.);
- Experience in Alteryx Designer and Microsoft Power BI is an advantage
- Possess good industry knowledge and the ability to evaluate trends, developments and key events;
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem-solving skills; and the ability to understand and develop market profile, competitive landscape, regulatory requirements and business plans;
- Ability to handle complex information such as consumer survey design and analytics, top-down or bottom-up marketing sizing, financial projection sensitivity analysis, operational improvements and cost optimisation, revenue and distribution channel synergies, and etc.;
- Proven track record in leading project management and business development;
- Excellent in presentation, communication and report-writing skills; able to present to internal and external C-suite audience; and
- Driven, with strong determination and perseverance to achieve goals.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.