Senior Client Accountant
- TMF Group
- St Helier, Jersey
- Competitive salary plus great benefits
- 27 Feb 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Bookkeeper, Compliance/risk, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
To provide support to the Manager / Director on an ongoing basis to ensure seamless delivery of client deliverables.
To safeguard customer relations by ensuring that work is undertaken efficiently and effectively.
- Review bookkeeping done by the Client Fund Accountants on a regular basis.
- Review management information packs prepared for the client on a periodic basis.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is stored in line with the internal policies.
- Liaise with the auditors and act as primary point of contact.
- Perform initial review of all financial statements for all client entities in the portfolio.
- Assist with the monitoring and control of all incoming communication to ensure that it is directed to an appropriately skilled member of the team.
- Oversee and control outgoing client communications to ensure correspondence, calculations and presentation of work is of a high standard at all times.
- Assist with the monitoring and sign-off on processes carried out in accordance with the procedures and checklists.
- Ensure all work complies with the Fund’s documentation, the Company’s policies and procedures and any regulatory requirements.
- Ensure personal compliance with policies and regulations.
- Oversee and ensure that the rules, regulations and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Assist with the coaching, development and training of staff.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships between individual members of the team.
- Develop the capabilities of team members in order to facilitate motivation and empowerment
- Undertake and assist with the bookkeeping workloads as necessary and when required
- Education and qualifications’ to at least ‘A’ level standard
- Previous financial statement preparation experience within a financial institution and ideally in a Private Equity Administrative area
- A professional qualification – ACCA/ACA or ICSA or other similar level qualification, or has achieved part-qualified status
What’s in it for you
- Private Medical insurance for self & family – which includes GP visits & eye tests
- Access to our employee assistance program which has access to counselling, virtual doctor, wellbeing apps, mindfulness and coaching
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Death in Service (Life Assurance) – 4 times x salary
- Critical Illness
- Discretionary performance related bonus (which is linked to Company and individual’s performance)
- Non – contributory social club
- Working from Home Scheme Contribution 2020-2024 - All permanent staff can claim up to £400 over a 4 year cycle (contribution of £100 a year) towards an office desk, chair or broadband improvement (e.g. upgraded router)
- Access to the Global Business Academy suite of training
- Access to Go Fluent Language Learning
- The opportunity to participate and get involved in activities relating to ESG / CSR / D&I / Wellbeing
Completion of probation: (probation is 20 weeks)
- Defined contribution non-contributory pension scheme – Employer contribution - 10%
- Fitness Club membership - £275 per year (receipts based)
- Supported training and study for professional qualifications relevant for your role
- Access to TMF Explorer Program to work from another location for up to 2 weeks
- Starting at 25.5 days – rising scale based on job role and completed years’ service
- Option to buy or sell 5 days holiday per year or pro rata on working pattern
Applications close: 27 Mar 2023 GMT Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.