- Next PLC
- Leicester, Leicestershire, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 27 Feb 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are looking for an Accountant to join our Commercial Finance team based at our head office in Leicestershire. You will report directly to the Stock Finance Manager, working along side two other Senior Analysts. Working in the Stock team you will be responsible for all the freight costings; from costing in estimate freight costs, as well as following actual freight costs from our 5 freight forwarders . You will also be liaising with the rest of the stock finance team and stock finance manager on forecasts, budgets and balance sheets.
About the role:
- Responsible for our analysing and reconciling our freight costs for all products coming into the business and to 3rd parties.
- Responsible for costing our latest estimate in the product contract system and in our financial system.
- Working with our imports team on freight costings queries.
- Maintaining our slippage forecast monthly.
- Reporting and analysing on all slippage lines and working through variance vs Forecast and vs last year.
- Posting and analysing all slippage cost accounts by income stream; UK, Branded, International.
- Pull together the slippage cost budget together by account.
- Pull together the season’s slippage costs and analysis product group profitability to feed back to the product teams.
- Produce and review a number of balance sheet reconciliations monthly including intake GRNI and Liaise with both our AP and Imports team around outstanding supplier invoices.
- Responsible for Adhoc queries
- Previous experience in a similar commercial finance role and ideally qualified in ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Strong analytical skills including using Excel and other systems to examine data. SQL knowledge is preferred but not essential.
- Strong communications skills- not be afraid to pick up the phone and speak to contacts around the business, and enjoy the challenge of investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being achieved
- Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month) offered once a year in October when share price is released. If the share price doesn’t increase, no money will be lost
- Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months 5% employee/3% employer)
- Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
- 25 days holiday entitlement (Increases with service) and can buy and sell up to 3 days a year up to the total of 33 days
- Free access to Aviva’s Digital GP app
- Free parking on site
- On site Nursery in Enderby – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Restaurant, juice bar and coffee shop on site in Enderby. Restaurant and coffee shops in South Elmsall and Doncaster
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.