3 days left
- Iris Thaumas
- Birkirkara, Malta
- EUR 20K - 35K per annum.
- 27 Feb 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts assistant, Assistant accountant, Assistant management accountant, Financial accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme, Part qualified, Qualified accountant
We are looking for an Accountant to be part of an established team of professionals within our client's Tax Compliance and Client Accounting department. The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of local and international clients. The role requires an autonomous and results-oriented individual who can effectively lead the resources available with a view to consistently meeting and exceeding their clients’ expectations.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a full-service certified public accounting practice specializing in tax, audit and financial planning services and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting clients in the upkeep of the day to day accounting records.
- Prepare corporate tax returns and tax refund claim forms.
- Monitor the end-of-month routines, including the preparation and review of periodical management accounts and reports.
- Prepare and reviewing VAT returns and VAT recapitulate statements.
- Preparing monthly payroll.
- Produce ad-hoc reports, including cash-flows, budgets and forecasts.
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Plan and organising your portfolio to ensure that processes, duties and responsibilities are sufficiently clear to consistently meet agreed targets and service standards.
- Play an active monitoring role to influence and shape the development of the firm and the work load at all levels of the organization.
- Assisting in ad-hoc projects and any other duties assigned by the Team leader, Manager and Partners.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting and tax compliance in Malta.
- Experience at manager level would be considered an asset.
- Be capable of working in a computerised environment, including the proficient use of the Microsoft office suite and experienced in using accounting software (preferably Sage Line 50 Accounts).
- Be an organised and methodical individual with an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work equally well with peers, teams and clients.
- The ability to prioritise commitments and work well under pressure to meet statutory deadlines.
- Be able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- An accountancy qualification or partly qualified, ACCA, bachelor’s degree or higher international qualification.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Flexibility in working hours, from 08:00 till 09:00 with 30 minutes break to be taken at your pace.
- Performance bonus in June (mid-year).
- Performance Appraisal in Dec/Jan.
- CPE hours plus Memberships paid.
- Sponsor ACCA, first sitting of any exam plus lectures will be paid by the client with 3 days study leave.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).