- CUNA Caribbean Insurance Society Ltd
- Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 24 Feb 2023
- 24 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Accountant to join our team. The role will involve producing monthly Management Accounts, preparing month-end financials and TB feed for Head Office, updating Shareholder's Accounts, reviewing Annual Statutory Returns, overseeing processing of investments, validating taxable income for quarterly tax payments, variance reporting on actual against plan monthly, assisting in coordinating year-end audits, and managing the Accounting Software. The candidate must have a strong background in financial reporting and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Produce monthly Management Accounts which are timely, accurate and comprehensive.
- Prepare month-end financials and TB feed for Head Office.
- Update Shareholder’s Accounts on an annual basis and as required.
- Review Annual Statutory Returns for Manager’s sign-off.
- Review and sign off quarterly statutory returns.
- Validate schedules for relevant regulatory quarterly report.
- Review and sign-off monthly calculation of statutory funding requirement.
- Oversee processing of investments.
- Validate Monthly Investment reporting (statutory fund requirements by tenure, territory and institution).
- Validate taxable income for quarterly tax payments. Review quarterly tax calculations and annual tax returns.
- Variance reporting on actual against plan monthly. Assist in the preparation of the Annual Plan/Forecasts.
- Assist in coordinating year end audits.
- Liaising with actuaries for year end and ad-hoc information.
- Ledger/Schedules/ Reconciliation Review and Approval.
- Authorize journal entries and sign-off of audit schedules.
- Management of the Accounting Software, specifically general ledger for OECS region.
- Assist management with special projects. Complete employee performance reviews.