Indirect Tax Consultant - Hasselt Region
- Deloitte Belgium
- Antwerp/ Hasselt, BE
- Competitive salary with fringe benefits
- 21 Feb 2023
- 21 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
We’re looking for candidates to strengthen our VAT team.
- As a Senior VAT Consultant you will be seen by clients as the first contact person regarding to all tax aspects related to VAT by working closely and building excellent relationships with them;
- You assist and advise clients regarding VAT matters, both national and international. This advice mainly concerns VAT implications on specific structures and operations;
- You work on assignments involving tax professionals of various member firms within the international Deloitte network
- You work in multidisciplinary environment, teaming up with professionals throughout the Tax and Legal practice and with other Deloitte business units
- Together with the other members of the client service teams, you assure client service delivery according to the Deloitte quality standards;
- You are involved in actively mentoring and counseling the tax professionals.
Let’s talk about you
- You have a university degree in a business-related discipline such as law or economics, or a comparable background. A post-graduate tax degree is an asset
- You have gained 3-6 years of relevant experience in a similar position (in a consulting or law firm,…), where you demonstrated technical abilities and business skills
- You are a team leader with strong communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- You have excellent commercial and networking skills
- You have a good working knowledge of English and Dutch or French
- It is an asset to have obtained already the title of recognized tax consultant through the IAB-IEC Institute
Deloitte Tax and Legal lies at the crossroads of tax, law, business and innovation, so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Unlike others, our young and dynamic team of tax and legal specialists thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. We help our clients connect for impact by anticipating change, unlocking the full potential of their people, extracting strategic insights from data, and creating new value through digital technologies.
With Indirect Tax becoming many governments' preferred method of revenue raising, and evermore-complicated regulations focused on combatting fraud, it is more critical than ever to manage indirect tax compliance and cash flows. Our Belgium Indirect Tax Practice has over 90 indirect tax experts who are well informed and understand the nuances of regulations, the importance of deep industry knowledge and the growing role of technology experience.
Our VAT team offers a wide range of innovative and digitally enhanced services around VAT advisory, processes and compliance, such as:
- Business change and digital economy advisory;
- Qualitative, industry specific and client tailored advisory;
- Indirect tax function strategy and management;
- End-to-end ERP solutions;
- Future oriented compliance services and analytics
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+6000 dedicated professionals, active in +10offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.