Global Compliance and Reporting Senior with Spanish GAAP experience - FAAS
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- 08 Feb 2023
- 08 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 people
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future. Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
The role involves working closely with Managers and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton, but also with key finance people in both publicly listed companies and multinational environments.
As organisations and their business requirements become more innovative, complex and span more jurisdictions so too do the challenges faced by their accounting and finance functions. The Grant Thornton FAAS team are a group of proactive accounting specialists who are focused on providing practical solutions to our clients’ complex financial reporting issues. Our FAAS team must be able to respond quickly to fast moving business processes and timelines – whether assisting with advice related to transactions or working to tight financial close deadlines. See where a career in FAAS can take you.
This is a cross sector offering and therefore, the candidate can have experience working in either a corporateor a practice environment.
- delivery of international compliance projects, with a particular focus on Spanishy accounting and tax projects;
- proficient accountant, specialised in Spanish GAAP, responsible for converting trial balances in US GAAP/IFRS into Spanish GAAP and for preparing Spanish GAAP compliant financial statements;
- preparation of financial statements in other GAAP in addition to Spanish, carrying self-review to ensure quality of work;
- develop and deliver country specific technical accounting papers and training material for both clients and other team members;
- maintain current knowledge of international accounting and tax developments and regulations, with a focus on Spanish GAAP;
- build on international relationships through working with companies across a number of jurisdictions in EMEA, APAC and Americas;
- ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe;
- demonstrate ability to work within a team, with a positive and proactive attitude;
- responsible for development and mentoring of more junior staff;
- assist in maintaining key client relationships locally and internationally.
Skills and attributes:
- newly qualified Spanish GAAP accountant or ACA/ACCA newly qualified accountant, with a strong knowledge of Spanish GAAP;
- experience in a top 20 practice;
- strong communicator and fluent Spanish speaker – other European languages a benefit but not essential;
- working knowledge of ONESOURCE for accounts preparation is desirable;
- previous experience of working with multinationals (‘MNC’s’) an advantage but not a requirement, this could be in an industry or practice setting;
- ability to work within tight deadlines and meet all statutory filing deadlines;
- commercial/business awareness;
- self-motivated individual with a growth mindset; and a passion for client service
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.