Private Equity Supervisor
- HedgeServ Ltd
- Dublin, Ireland, Sofia, Bulgaria, Cork, Ireland, Luxembourg, Krakow, Poland
- Not disclosed
- 08 Feb 2023
- 21 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
Private Equity Department
Due to its innovative technology and service offering HedgeServ’s closed end funds team is expanding in Luxembourg, Poland, Dublin and the US. The team currently services a mix of private equity, real estate and hybrid structures. The team works with its clients on collaborating new technology solutions as well as client service models to support unique structures and operating models to meet an evolving and growing area within the asset management industry.
A Private Equity Supervisor is required to execute their role within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Manager and Director. The role requires the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations and working closely with any staff under their supervision. Review fee calculations, including waterfalls, profit and loss investor allocations, investor and portfolio performance reporting including IRR. Supervision of the reconciliation process, including trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the role. Assisting in the development of the team, setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor to direct reports. The Private Equity Supervisor will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the Private Equity Manager and or Director.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs and will include:
- Assist in managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the and management to ensure consistency of service.
- Ensure the assigned Private Equity team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Supervise a team of up to four Private Equity accountants facilitating their ongoing development.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by the Administrator.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of the Private Equity team including:
- Capital Call and Distribution Processing
- Investor Allocations and performance reporting including portfolio and investor IRR’s
- Waterfall creation and maintenance
- Preparation of net asset value calculations and financial statements
- Ad hoc client and investor reporting
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Review daily and monthly NAV calculations.
- Develop and improve NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Play a role in new client initialization and transition.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such a Private Equity Supervisor should be flexible and willing to adapt.
Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Minimum 2.2 honors degree
Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge, IT Literate
- Reliable and Dependable
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Ability to coach and mentor junior employees and share knowledge and information across the team
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.