Business Tax Advisory - Senior Consultant - Dubai
- Dubai, AE
- Competitive remuneration package
- 08 Feb 2023
- 08 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Job descriptionOur globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. Tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services and People Advisory Services.
Expected to draft tax advisory memos and reports to address client concerns.
Your key responsibilities
- Carry out high-level and collaborative research in MENA on the latest tax and regulatory developments
- Search for and retrieve information on MENA tax and regulatory developments from public sources and databases
- Use initiative and creativity to analyze and interpret research data and draw conclusions on the outcome
- Fact-check and present relevant information, facts and figures
- Provide accurate and reliable translations of technical material in both Arabic and English, ensuring all translated text conveys original meaning and tone
- Write and edit briefing notes
- Manage, maintain and protect electronic databases
- Such other tasks as directed
Skills and attributes for success
If you are an excellent communicator and detail-oriented professional, with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who is comfortable working across borders with a wide network of people, you will be perfect for the role.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials in accounting, business, finance, law, taxation or any related essential fields.
- Preferably an MBA, Masters, LLM or another related advanced degree and/or professional qualifications e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, CTA, ADIT or equivalent qualification.
- A very strong knowledge and minimum 3 years of relevant experience, ideally within a large professional services company or similar environment.
- Strong command of spoken & written Arabic
Ideally, you also have
- Experience of dealing with multinational clients and ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent analytical and supervisory skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.